Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 – besides the adoption of a sensor 16 MP with support for shooting 1080p AVCHD with stereo sound, the new G3 has in common with old brother just a few lines of the design, so. Comes with a speed of capture in a gust of 4FPS sites, a folding screen of 3 inches in any direction, sensitive to the touch and, last but not least, a set of functions like ripped from a smartphone.
Touch to focus lets you touch the item in the frame you want sharpened, and if you want to manually adjust semi-automatic exposure, white balance and depth are sufficient to remove the screen with your finger in one direction or the other – slide. Weight compared to just 334 grams, G3 won an advance of about 10% toward the G2.
Lumix G3 will appear June with about $700, in not less than four colour variations: black, silver, pink and burgundy.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 specifications:
– 16.6MP CMOS sensor (standard Micro Four Thirds size)
– ISO 160-6400
– 4 fps continuous shooting (20fps at 4MP)
– GF2-style touch screen interface
– 1080i60 AVCHD shooting (from 30p sensor output)
– All-area AF point selection
– Pinpoint AF mode (magnifies focus point to allow confirmation and fine-tune of AF position)
– Tracking AF in video mode
– Picture-in-picture manual focus magnification
– 460k dot articulated LCD
– 1.44M dot-equivalent electronic viewfinder